Located within the Dedicated Orthopedic Center, the diagnostic imaging services include the technology to provide X-rays of the entire skeletal system.
No matter the area of the body being examined, our physicians can quickly and easily have access to the images needed for the diagnosis and treatment of our patients.
Dedicated Orthopedic Center physicians’ in-office ultrasound provides images of muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, and soft tissue throughout the body. It can be used to diagnose and treat a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
Ultrasound can be used to diagnose:
- Tendon tears, such as shoulder rotator cuff tears or Achilles tendon tears
- Abnormalities of the muscles, such as tears
- Bleeding or other fluid collections within the muscles, bursa, and joints
- Joint effusion (fluid) or synovial (lining of the joint) thickening
Benefits of Ultrasound:
- Non-invasive (no needles or injections)
- Usually pain-free
- No ionizing radiation
- Excellent imaging of soft tissues
- Provides real-time imaging
- Not affected by cardiac pacemakers or implants
- Able to resume your normal activities immediately following ultrasound examination